Ken’s Proven Conservative Record
Honored for his Conservative Courage
Ken Paxton’s record demonstrates the political courage needed to stand for Texas as our next Attorney General. In the Texas legislature, Ken has worked to protect the 10th Amendment, fighting efforts by President Obama and U.S. Attorney General Holder to infringe upon Texas’ state sovereignty. He opposed the expansion of Obamacare in Texas, co-sponsored and defended our Voter ID bill, and is fighting efforts by the Obama administration which threaten religious liberty. Ken has a solid voting record in support of our 2nd Amendment rights, and since his first session has earned a consistent “A” rating from the NRA and TSRA.
We know where @KenPaxtonTX stands because he has proven himself as reliable and trustworthy for more than a decade. http://t.co/MAbqKkXXvK
— Kelly Shackelford (@_KShackelford) September 6, 2013
In every session in which he has served, Ken has consistently ranked at the top of conservative legislative scorecards demonstrating his proven record as a constitutional conservative.
For example, over the past four sessions:
- Texans for Fiscal Responsibility has named Ken a “Taxpayer Champion.”
- He has been named a “Champion of Free Enterprise” by the Texas Association of Business and earned the “Guardian of Small Business” Award from the National Federation of Independent Business.
- He was named a “Courageous Conservative” by the Texas Conservative Coalition two consecutive sessions, earning the highest score of any state representative during the 82nd Session, and the second best score of any state senator in the 83rd Session.
- An unwavering pro-life, pro-family advocate, Ken was recently named the “Top Rated Senator” by Texas Eagle Forum, was one of only three senators to earn a “100” from Concerned Women for America-Texas, and he was previously named “Most Conservative Texas House Member” by Heritage Alliance.
- He has been named a “Pro-Life All Star” by Texas Right to Life and has been endorsed by Texas Right to Life PAC.
- In 2011, Young Conservatives of Texas named Ken “Most Conservative Member,” earning him the top spot in their “Historic Honor Roll” of most conservative legislators.
Ken has a long record of ensuring that parents, not government, have the final decision on how their children are educated, and he has been endorsed by the Texas Home School Coalition PAC.
JUST OUT: @YCT has rated me most conservative State Senator in Texas! Records matter. RT if you're ready for someone who walks the walk.
— Ken Paxton (@KenPaxtonTX) October 16, 2013
@CWAofTexas recently released their ratings for this past #txlege. I was one of only three Senators to receive a perfect 100% score! #proven
— Ken Paxton (@KenPaxtonTX) October 9, 2013
Endorsed by Texas Conservatives
Ken’s proven record of standing for conservative principles has earned him unprecedented support among Texas conservative leaders. Those endorsing his campaign for Attorney General include:
- Kelly Shackelford, Statewide Leadership Team Chairman, Ted Cruz for Senate and President and CEO of Liberty Institute*
- Tim Lambert, President, Texas Home School Coalition* and Former Republican National Committeeman for Texas
- Ernest Angelo, Jr., Former Republican National Committeeman for Texas
- Cathie Adams, President, Texas Eagle Forum* and Former Chairman, Republican Party of Texas
- Ann Hettinger, Former State Director of Concerned Women for America of Texas*
- Jonathan Saenz, President, Texas Values*
- Rick Green, Former Texas State Representative and Host of WallBuilders Live*
- Carol Everett, Texas Pro-Life Leader; Founder and CEO of The Heidi Group*
- Peggy Venable
- Penny Nance, President of Concerned Women for America*
- Over 100 Tea Party activists and leaders across Texas
- 28 of the top conservative Texas state legislators
*Organization listed for identification purposes only.
“Hands down, my endorsement for Texas' next Attorney General goes to Ken Paxton.” HT: Julie McCarty, leader of @NETarrantTea
— Ken Paxton (@KenPaxtonTX) September 14, 2013
Ken has also earned the endorsement of:
- Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum
- Young Conservatives of Texas
- Texas Home School Coalition PAC
- Texas Right to Life PAC
- Texans for Fiscal Responsibility
We are proud to endorse @KenPaxtonTX to be our state's next Attorney General! #TxLege #Tx2014
— YCT (@yct) October 28, 2013
ICYMI: Texans for Fiscal Responsibility endorses Ken Paxton for Attorney General #tx2014 #TeamPaxton #PaxtonPatriots pic.twitter.com/OF0IvTJvA6
— Ken Paxton (@KenPaxtonTX) October 28, 2013
Ready to join the conservative team for Attorney General?