First and foremost: Thank you.
I am honored and overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and encouragement that my family and I have received over the last few days. Know that I expect to be fully vindicated of these charges when the full facts of this case come to light, and I refuse to be distracted or deterred from my commitment to the people of Texas to fight for the Rule of Law. I assure you that my focus on serving Texas as Attorney General continues with greater resolve than ever before. To that end, I will of course direct all case-related questions to my legal counsel.
While yesterday’s news coverage may have come as a surprise to many of you, I can assure you that it did not catch us off guard. Our silence was purposeful and driven by respect for the law as the information was under judicial seal until noon yesterday.
I am looking forward to the opportunity to tell my story – which the grand jury did not hear – in a court of law. Thank you for standing with me and now walking forward with me as we continue the work we came to do.
I remain focused on the people’s business and the critically important work of this office. And there is much work in progress, including:
- Defending Texas agencies facing litigation;
- Uncovering Medicaid fraud and ensuring strong consumer protections;
- Enforcing child support laws;
- Protecting Texas children by bringing sexual predators to justice;
- Continuing our investigation into Planned Parenthood and abortion providers;
- Challenging the Obama Administration’s Executive Amnesty and EPA Carbon Rule; and much more.
Angela and I appreciate your continued prayers as we all walk forward together.
God bless you, and God bless the great State of Texas!
Ken Paxton serves as Texas’ 51st Attorney General. He and his wife Angela have four children:
Tucker, Abby, Mattie, and Katie.